METO’s mission to eradicate weapons of mass destruction (WMDs), broker peace and build security in the Middle East can only be achieved with the widespread support of people all over the world. To this end, METO’s University Network is a key element in educating people and raising awareness.
Our University Network is made up of students and graduates who are convinced of the need to create a WMD-free zone in the Middle East. Student Representatives help METO get its message out in several ways.
- Organizing presentations by METO directors, what we call our roadshow in which an Israeli and Iranian talk about nuclear weapons.
- Sharing and reposting entries from our social media channels
- Facilitating contacts with university faculties
- Organizing lectures
- Attending and promoting our webinars
- Participating in and promoting our educational programme
- Using your creativity and initiative to promote the Zone
What you get in return
Student Representatives who complete at least one academic year of activity with METO will be eligible for a certificate, letter of recommendation or reference depending on the activities undertaken and the support given. They will also be able to participate in our “alumni network” allowing representatives to develop the network of contacts that can be useful when it comes to developing a career in the fields of peace and disarmament, WMDs, diplomacy, campaigning, fundraising, etc.
To register for our programme, please fill in the form below: