We are an organization that would not function were it not for the dedicated efforts of volunteers who support the activities we are setting in motion. Our work is very cyclical; there are times where we need lots of support and other times when we need little. If you are a person with time on your hands, with an interest in the creation of a WMD free zone in the Middle East, together with relevant skills and experience, we are very keen to hear from you.
We currently have the following vacancy available.
Social Media and Communications Coordinator
[5-15 hours a week: variable]
You will be managing METO’s social media and communications platforms, including the planning of upcoming content. As part of this role, you will coordinate a small team of volunteers who will help you to produce content, and you will participate in a weekly meeting on Mondays at 3pm, UK time, via zoom to coordinate with METO’s Core Team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing the following platforms: Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin and TikTok
- Uploading recent photos to METO’s Flickr account
- Updating the METO Social Media Calendar and producing content accordingly, to post on all platforms
- Producing semi-regular video content (especially for our TikTok account)
- Updating METO’s followers on key publications/work
- Applying an understanding of accessibility online (ALT text, etc) to METO’s social media accounts and posts
- Publicising METO’s public events
- Covering events both on-line and in-person
- Coordinating a small team of volunteers to help with the workload
- Producing Canva content and graphics regularly, in line with METO’s style
- Coming up with new and unique ideas for METO’s social media coverage
- Handling and understanding the sensitivities to do with posting certain content etc, so as not to jeopardise METO’s work/relationships with certain stakeholders etc.
- Publicising and sharing the work and content of METO’s partner organisations, and building/maintaining working relationships with their socials’ teams
- Experience with Canva, and the aforementioned social media platforms
- Experience with editing/copywriting
- Strong handle of English
- Experience coordinating social media for an NGO/charity
- Additional languages
- Experience of being in front of the camera too (sometimes you’ll be in front!)
Not sure if you’re qualified for the role? METO would love for you to apply anyway. Studies tend to show that women, people of colour, and those from other marginalised groups are less likely to apply for jobs, unless they meet every listed qualification. At METO, we are keen to build a team that is inclusive and diverse, and we in particular welcome and prioritise applications from the MENA region. We look forward to receiving your application!
If you’d like to apply, please submit a cover letter (no more than 1 page), and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 1st, and we will be in touch shortly.