Despite the covid pandemic, the last 12 months have seen a flurry of activity in the Middle East in the field of regional security: The Abraham Accords, moves by the USA and Iran to return to compliance with the JCPOA, and elections in the USA, Iran and Israel, among many others.
In this media briefing, hosted jointly by Atomic Reporters, the Geneva Centre for Security Policy and the Middle East Treaty Organization, experts in the field will present to reporters from the region and beyond on these pressing topics in order to provide useful context and background to the upcoming UN conferences on weapons of mass destruction.
- Mark Fitzpatrick, International Institute for Strategic Studies
- Ali Vaez, International Crisis Group
- Tarja Cronberg, Stockholm International Peace Research Institute
- Sharon Dolev, Middle East Treaty Organization
- Marc Finaud, Geneva Centre for Security Policy